Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Black pepper
- 1 pound Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1 inch cube
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple with syrup
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Roll and coat chicken cubes in flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until not longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir celery, green peppers, and onion in heated oil until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Whisk ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple, and brown sugar in a bowl; pour into the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir chicken and vegetables in sauce until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Share your vote!