How To Make Date & Nut Laddoos Recipe
This recipe is for Date and Nut Ladoo, or Candy as we call them at home. For my grand, kids they are like candy and they love it. Adapted from my friend Renu’s recipe, when I tried this laddoo for the first time, I said WOW. I could not believe the main ingredient only dates.
- 1 cup dates pitted and chopped (khajoor)
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts roasted and roughly chopped, I am using almonds, pistachios, cashews, and pecans
- 2 tablespoons coco powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oil to oil your palms
Method For Preparation of Date & Nut Laddoo
- Soften the chopped dates in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Blend the dates in the food processor until they become to the paste, this should take about 10 seconds, add coffee, cocoa, and salt blend it again until all the ingredients nicely incorporated about 10 seconds. Add the nuts to the food processor and blend it for about 15 seconds. Nuts should be still chunky.
- Remove from food processor, oil your palm and knead the mix into dough, and divide them into 18 equal parts and roll them into laddoos.
- Dates and nuts laddoos can be stored in air tight container for a month or more.