Indian Style Masala Macaroni Recipe
- 300 grams Macaroni Pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, blanched and pureed
- 1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and chili powder to taste
Directions for Indian Style Masala Macaroni Recipe
- To begin making the Indian Style Masala Macaroni Pasta Recipe, get all the ingredients ready for cooking. Cut the vegetables and keep them ready.
- Cook the macaroni pasta in boiling water, along with a little salt until al dente (firm yet cooked). Once done, drain the excess water and rinse the pasta in cold water to prevent excess cooking. Toss the pasta in oil and keep aside. We do this, so the pasta does not stick to each and become lumpy.
- Blanch the tomatoes in water and boil for about 5 to 8 minutes, until you notice that the skin is cracking up. Once done, remove from water and allow it to cool. Peel the skin of the tomatoes and roughly puree the tomatoes in a blender. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or a kadhai on medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, carrots and capsicum. Sprinkle some salt, cover the pan and saute on medium heat until the carrots are cooked through.
- Once cooked, open and stir fry on medium-high heat. Add the pureed tomatoes, the pav bhaji masala and the cooked macaroni, toss on high heat until the macaroni pasta gets well coated with the masala.
- Check the salt and spices and adjust to taste. Once done, stir in the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Indian Style Masala Macaroni Recipe to a serving bowl and serve warm.
- Serve the Indian Style Masala Macaroni Pasta as a tea time snack or an after school snack for kids. It also makes a great salad when served chilled.
Share your vote!