Beetroot Tofu Patties Recipe (Cutlets)
- 1 beetroot , peeled, diced and cooked until soft
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 100 grams tofu, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- 1/4 cup almonds, powdered
- 1 or 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- a small bunch of chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- oil to shallow-fry
Directions for Beetroot Tofu Patties Recipe (Cutlets)
- To begin making the Beetroot Tofu Patties Recipe, we will pulse all the ingredients in the food processor or blender, without adding any water.
- Once you pulse and get all the ingredients mashed, remove from the processor and transfer to a bowl. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- Shape the beetroot tofu pattie mixture into lemon size balls and flatten them a little between your palms. It’s a good idea to oil your palms and fingers before you begin shaping the patties, so they don’t feel sticky.
- Once you have shaped the patties, we will roast them a preheated iron skillet. Place the shaped beetroot patties on the preheated skillet, drizzle some oil over the patties and roast them until browned evenly on both sides.
- Proceed the same way with the remaining patties and place them on your serving platter.
- Serve the Beetroot Tofu Patties Recipe (Cutlets) along with a yogurt dip for your parties or pack them into a kids lunch box.
Share your vote!