How To Make Authentic Nan Khatai Recipe
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 2 tablespoons fine semolina
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup desi ghee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon pistachio, chopped
Directions for Authentic Nan Khatai Recipe
- To, begin with Authentic Nan Khatai, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl mix refined flour, gram flour, semolina, cardamom powder, and soda.
- Cream together the ghee and sugar until well blended.
- Add flour mix to the ghee mixture and knead them together to make a smooth dough. When it is ready, put the mixture in a fridge for about an hour.
- Remove the dough from fridge and make small sized balls, press each ball between your palms lightly.
- Using a sharp knife draw a tic-tac design on the top and put chopped pistachio press them into the dough gently.
- Put the balls on a greased baking tray and bake at 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes or until the nan khatai are lightly golden brown.
- Serve Authentic Nan Khatai with hot Masala Chai during tea time breaks. It is also a great dish to serve to your guests.
Share your vote!