How To Make Panner Kofta Curry
- 200 g Paneer (Cottage cheese)
- 2 Medium sized Potato
- 1 Big Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1/2 cup Curd (plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Cashew nut paste
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves) for garnish
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream for garnish
- Boil Potatoes, remove the skin. Grate boiled Potatoes & Paneer.
- To this mixture add 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder, Corn flour & Salt. Mix well & make round balls. Deep fry till golden brown colour. Remove on a paper towel & keep aside.
- Grind chopped Onions, Tomatoes & Cardamom with little water.
- Heat Ghee in a Kadai. Add Cumin seeds & Bay leaf.
- Add the Onion mixture & fry constantly on Medium heat for about 4-5 mins.
- Add Curd, Cashew nut paste, remaining Red chili & Garam masala powder, Turmeric & Salt. Mix well & fry for another 2 mins.
- Add Water, lower the heat, cover a lid & simmer for 6-7 mins. Keep checking in between.
- When the gravy is little thick add The fried Koftas, garnish with fresh Cream & Cilantro. Serve hot.
Share your vote!