How To Make Steamed Momos Recipe Card
Ingredients for Steamed Momos Recipe
- Refined Flour 1 cup
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Spring onions finely chopped 2
- Ginger finely chopped 1-inch piece
- Green chilli finely chopped 1
- Fresh button mushrooms finely chopped 4-5
- French beans finely chopped 10
- Carrot finely chopped 1 medium
- Spring onion greens chopped 1 stalk
- Bean sprouts 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black peppercorns crushed 8-10
- Light soy sauce 1/2 tablespoon
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil (til oil) 1 teaspoon
1. Mix refined flour with 5 tbsps of water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for15 minutes.
2.Heat oil in a non-stick wok. Add spring onions, ginger and green chilli and sauté. And mushrooms, beans, carrot, spring onion greens, bean sprouts, salt, pepper powder, soy sauce and mix well.
3.Mix cornflour in ¼ cup water and add. Cook till thick, take the wok off the heat and cool.
4.divide the dough into small balls. Roll in dry flour and roll into small puris keeping the edges thin and the centre thick.
5.Place a portion of stuffing in the centre, fold one end over the other and give it a half moon shape. For another gather the edges and seal together. Make another mom in triangle shape.
6.Heat water in a deep non-stick pan. Line a bamboo basket with cabbage leaves. apply a little sesame oil on the momos and place them over the cabbage leaves.
7.Cover and place the basket over the hot water, cover the pan and steam for 8-10 minutes or till done.
8.Uncover the pan, take the basket out and open it. Serve the momos hot.