Basil Pesto Bombs Recipe
For Basil Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup walnuts/pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast/parmesan cheese
- 1/2 a teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 a teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- pinch of salt
For Sweet Potato Shell
- 400 grams sweet potato
- 1/2 a tablespoon chia seeds/flax meal
- 1/2 a teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 a tablespoon apple cider vinegar/lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1-1/4 cup oat flour (powdered regular oats)
- salt to taste
- oil to cook
Directions for Basil Pesto Bombs Recipe
- To prepare Basil Pesto Bombs Recipe, to make basi pesto, wash the basil leaves and drain the excess water and dry them by placing them on kitchen towels.
- Now place all the ingredients of the basil pesto except olive in a food processor/ blender and blend them coarsely while slowly incorporating oil while blending or adding oil in intervals.
- Store this in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potato and let it steam cook until it is completely soft. Let this cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, add chia seeds and add 1-1/2 tablespoons of water and let it swell for 10-15 minutes.
- Now in a large mixing bowl add sweet potato and mash it completely add 1 cup of oat flour, chia mixture, apple cider vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, chili flakes and mix them all together to form a dough.
- Let this rest for 15 minutes and check for the stickiness. It should not stick to your hands. If the dough is sticky add the remaining 1/4 cup oat flour and mix well.
- Now pinch a lemon sized dough, flatten it and spoon 1 teaspoon of basil pesto into the center and seal all the sides to form a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough mixture.
- Cook them on a Pani yaram pan/mini dutch pancake pan by drizzling very little oil on a low to medium heat by flipping in between, to get an even color.
- Serve basil pesto bomb recipe with your favorite dip and salad.
Share your vote!