How To Make Brown Basmati Rice Biryani Recipe Card
Ingredients for Brown Basmati Rice Biryani Recipe
- Brown basmati rice soaked for ½ hour and drained 1½ cups
- Ghee 2-3
- Green cardamoms 2-3
- Star anise 1-2
- Cloves 5-6
- Black cardamom 1
- Cinnamon ½ inch
- Bay leaf 1
- Salt to taste
- Caraway seeds (shahi jeera) 1 teaspoon
- Onions sliced 3-4 medium
- Ginger-garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- Pumpkin peeled and cut into cubes 1 small
- Carrots peeled and cut into medium pieces 2-3
- Saffron (Kesar) milk 3 tablespoons
- Bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi) peeled and cut into medium pieces 1 small
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Garam masala powder 1¼ teaspoons
- Green cardamom powder ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger cut into juliennes 1 inch
- Fresh mint sprigs 3-4
See Also:- Basil Pesto Bombs Recipe
Method For Brown Basmati Rice Biryani
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Heat 4 cups water in another deep non-stick pan. Add green cardamoms, star anise, cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf and bring it to a boil. Add rice, mix and let it cook.
- Add caraway seeds to the ghee and sauté for a minute. Add onions and sauté till well browned.
- Add salt to the rice, mix well and cook till the rice is fully done.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté for a minute. Add pumpkin and carrot, mix, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain the rice in a colander and set aside.
- Add bottle gourd, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt to the vegetables and mix well. Add yogurt and mix well. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala powder and mix well.
- Discard bay leaves and cinnamon from the strained rice and add the rice to the vegetables. Mix well.
- Add saffron milk, remaining garam masala powder, cardamom powder, ginger juliennes and torn mint leaves. Mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Share your vote!