How To Make Carrot Pudina Masala Vadai Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups chana dal, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons Toor dal, soaked for 2 hours
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 fist full mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1-inch ginger grated
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Directions for Carrot Pudina Masala Vadai Recipe
- To begin making Carrot Pudina Masala Vadai, wash and soak the chana and toor dal along with dried red chilies for 2 hours.
- Now, coarsely grind the soaked dals, red chilies along with fennel seeds using a mixer grinder.
- Take a big bowl, add the coarsely ground dal mix, grated carrots, roughly chopped mint leaves, grated ginger, salt and give it a good mix.
- Heat oil in a frying pan in medium heat. Once the oil is heated, take small lemon sized vadai mix and flatten it out in your palms and drop it into the oil slowly. Prepare 4-5 vadais for one set.
- Let the vadais fry in low heat and turn a bit brown. This is take 2-3 minutes. Flip it over and cook on the other side.
- Remove and drain it in the kitchen paper and similarly, prepare the Vadais out of the rest of the batter.
- Serve the Carrot Pudina Masala Vadai along with Soya Manga Sundal and Paruppu Payasam during Navratri or as a tea time snack.
Share your vote!