Crispy Aloo Pakoras (Potato Fritters)
- 2 cups potatoes wash, peeled and finely chopped aloo
- 1/2 cup besan
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds crushed, saunf
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed crushed, dhania
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, haldi
- 1/4 teaspoon mango powder, amchur
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida, high
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped, a dark
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, hara dhania
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Also need oil to fry
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them in very small cubes, and soak them in cold water.
- Mix all the ingredients together except salt and potatoes.
- Drain the water from potatoes, add the spice mix and mix it well. Add water as needed making sure the spice mix stick to the potatoes uniformly.
- Now add the salt and mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- The frying pan should have at least 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put one piece of potato in the oil. The potato should raise to the top but not change color right away.
- Oil your fingers it helps dropping the potatoes in the frying pan.
- While putting the potatoes into oil, loosen them with your fingers to make sure the potatoes are separated and do not form clutter. Potatoes should be separated while frying.
- Fry the potatoes until they turn light brown, turning them occasionally.
- When they are done cooking, take them out of the oil with a slotted spoon. Place them on a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
Share your vote!