Curried cauli, potatoes, chickpeas & spinach
- 1 cauliflower
- 800 g potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 long green chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or garam masala
- 1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas
- 250 g baby spinach
- natural yoghurt
- 1 lime
Method for Curried cauli, potatoes, chickpeas & spinach
- Separate the cauliflower into florets, then cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain, reserving about 150ml cooking water.
- Roughly chop the potatoes and cook in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic and onion, then finely slice the chili. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a low heat and sauté the garlic, onion, and chili till softened.
- Stir in all the spices, season, and cook for a few minutes. Add the cooked cauliflower, potatoes, and reserved cooking water, then simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain and add the chickpeas, then the spinach. Cook, stirring, until the spinach wilts. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a dollop of yogurt and a squeeze of lime juice.
Share your vote!