CURRIED KALE WITH CHICKEN BREAST
ApproachToast the chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 350°f. Coat the chickpeas in 2 tablespoons olive oil and season them with salt. Region them on a sheet pan and toast them within the oven for 8 to ten minutes.
Soak the currants: vicinity the currants in a bowl and cover them with warm water. Allow them to soak for 10 minutes until they’ve rehydrated and are plump. Drain the bowl and reserve the currants.
Boost the oven to 375°f. Warmness a saucepan over medium warmth. Once it’s hot, add three tablespoons olive oil and the onions. Allow the onions to caramelise, ensuring to stir frequently. This ought to take about ten mins. Upload the curry powder in the remaining 2 minutes of cooking.
even as the onion combination sautés, make the bouquet garni: an area the bay leaves and thyme in cheesecloth and tie it together tightly.
as soon as the onions are caramelised, upload the chicken inventory, garlic, serrano chiles, and the bouquet garni to the pan and permit it to a simmer.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup currants
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, airline cut with drumsticks attached (or skin on chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 large bunch kale, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut lengthwise
- 1 stalk green onion, cut on a bias