Farali Batata Chivda (Potato Chevda Fasting) Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes
- Salt as required (kala namak is using as a fasting recipe)
- 3 teaspoons sugar, powdered
- Oil for deep frying
- 4 small green chilies, each slit into 2-3 pieces
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/4 cup cashew nut, halved
- 1/4 cup groundnuts/peanuts
- 1/4 cup coconut slices, 1/2 ” piece
- 1/4 cup sultanas
Directions for Farali Batata Chivda (Potato Chevda Fasting) Recipe
- To begin making Farali Batata Chivda, firstly wash the potatoes and peel them. Cut them into fine long strips and make sure each strip is around 1inch long.
- Soak the potato strips in water for about 30 minutes and then wash the potato strips twice so that all the starch is washed away. Dry them on the kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. When it’s hot, drop the potato strips in batches in hot oil and fry them with a slotted spoon. Once they are about half cooked, then reduce the flame to low.
- Let them fry for the rest of the time on low heat and keep turning the strips till they turn golden brown. Take care not to burn them.
- Once they become crunchy, carefully drain them on tissue paper to soak the extra oil.
- Then to the same oil, add all the ingredients mentioned such as coconut slices, peanuts, curry leaves, cashew nuts and green chilies. Fry them on a medium flame till they are brownish and fragrant.
- Drain them on absorbent paper. Mix the potato strips with this mixture in a mixing bowl, add salt, sugar, sultanas and mix everything well. Store this chivda in an air tight container.
- Serve Farali Batata Chivda with hot masala tea as a tea time snack or you can even make this recipe during your fasting day.
Share your vote!