How To Make American Chopsuey Recipe
Ingredients for American Chopsuey Recipe
- Noodles 300 grams
- Boneless Chicken cut into thin strips 2 cups (400 grams)
- Oil 6 tablespoons
- Cornflour/ corn starch 2 tablespoons
- Ginger chopped 1-inch piece
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Onion sliced 1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Carrot cut into thin strips 1 medium
- French beans cut into thin strips 4-5
- Cabbage shredded 1/4 medium
- Spinach shredded 6-8 leaves
- White pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- MSG 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce 4 tablespoons
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Bean sprouts 1 cup
- Tofu cut into thin strips 100 grams
- Eggs 4
- Heat sufficient water, add little salt and one tablespoon of oil and bring to a boil. Add noodles and boil on high heat until almost cooked.
- Remove, drain and cool. Divide the cooked noodles into four equal portions, form into a nest and deep fry in hot oil till light brown and crisp.
- Remove and drain on an absorbent kitchen towel. Blend cornstarch in quarter-cup water and set aside. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok, add chopped ginger, garlic, and stir-fry briefly. Add sliced onion and sauté for a minute or until it turns translucent.
- Add chicken and stir-fry on high heat for two minutes or until the moisture evaporates. Add carrot, beans, cabbage, spinach and stir-fry for two minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked but still retain the crispness. Add pepper powder, MSG, salt and sugar.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and the vinegar. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir in the blended cornstarch. Simmer for two minutes or until it thickens to a sauce consistency. Add bean sprouts and tofu and stir well.
- Meanwhile using the remaining oil, prepare fried eggs in a non-stick fry pan. Arrange a portion of the fried noodles on a plate, pour a portion of the prepared sauce and top with a fried egg. Serve hot.
Share your vote!