How To Make Upma Recipe
Upma : Upma is a south Indian dish. This is make as a breakfast in South India. For making of upma it takes less that 30 mins and also easy for making. Ingredients required for this dish are semolina (Upma Rava ), green chilis, coconut oil, onion, water, salt, oil, urad dal (Minapappu), chana dal (Senaga pappu), curry leaves, mustard.
Ingredients Required for making Upma for 2 Members :
- 1 Cup (250g)of Semolina (Upma Rava)
- 4 or 5 Green Chilis
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 1/4 cup (52 cl) of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon urad dal (Minapappu)
- One tablespoon channa dal (Senaga pappu)
- 1 stem of curry leaves
- 3/4 tablespoon mustard
Making of Upma :
- Cut onion in half lengthwise and cut a slit in the green chillies.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add lava. Then transfer the rave to another pan.
- On the other pan take chilies and onion with oil, grad dal, channa dal, one stem of curry leaves and mustard. Cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add some water and salt and boil them.
- Slowly sprinkle and mix in the raid. Keep stirring.
- Once combined, cover the pan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve the remaining ingredients and sprinkle with coconut oil.
Finally, your tasty Upma is ready to Serve.
Enjoy eating Upma.