Jolada Ganji Recipe (Jowar Savoury Porridge)
“Jolada” implies Jowar/sorghum, a gluten free grain. This customary dish, the ‘Jolada Mudde’ is a North Karnataka breakfast extraordinary. It is delectable and can be cooked inside a couple of minutes. Blending the jowar flour in water or thin buttermilk without knots and afterward adding it to the tempered blend of green chillies , onions and curry leaves gives this dish a smooth surface. In spite of the fact that this dish is famously called as “Mudde” means balls/rounds , it is regularly served in a semi strong consistency. At the point when less water is included they can even be formed into balls. A sound dish that can incorporated into your week by week menu.
- 1/2 cup Jowar Flour (Sorghum)
- 1-1/2 cup Water , or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice , (skip if you are using buttermilk)
- Salt , to taste
Directions for Jolada Ganji Recipe (Jowar Savoury Porridge)
To begin making the Jolada Ganji recipe, In a mixing bowl, add the jowar flour, salt and water or thin buttermilk.
- Mix well without any lumps. Heat a heavy bottomed kadai or pan with oil and temper with ingredients given under ‘ to temper’.
- Once tempered, add the jowar flour mixture and keep stirring over low flame. The mixture will thicken and turn glossy. Switch off.
Serve Jolada Ganji along with Mixed Vegetable Sambar for a weekday dinner.
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Urad Dal (Split)
- 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , roughly torn