Kothimbir Vadi Recipe (Maharashtrian Coriander Fritters)
- 2 cups of coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 3-4 tablespoon gram flour
- 1/2 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon curd
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar ( optional)
- salt to taste
Ingredients for Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 4 to 5 few curry leaves
- 1 green chili chopped
Directions for Kothimbir Vadi Recipe (Maharashtrian Coriander Fritters)
- Combine all the main ingredients together in a bowl and knead to make a firm, smooth dough. Add the little water if required and shape it into a cylindrical roll.
- Prepare the steamer with water. Grease a dish of steamer and place the rolls in the steamer plate. Steam the rolls in the steamer for about 15-20 minutes on high heat.
- Once steamed, allow it to rest for about a minute and take it out and cool completely. Once cooled completely, cut the Kothimbir Vadi rolls into 15 equal slices or bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan; add mustard and cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add the asafoetida, the curry leaves green chilies and sesame seeds. Stir well for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the steamed Kothimbir Vadi into the seasoning and stir-fry for about a minute. This is so that the rolls get well coated with the seasoning.
- Serve the Kothimbir Vadi (Coriander fritters) warm with hot tea or just as it is for the snack.
Share your vote!