How To Make Bread Batata Vada Recipe (Crispy Bread Bonda Stuffed With Spicy Aloo)
- 8-10 slices white or brown bread
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 cups oil for frying
- 3 potatoes, medium sized (boiled and peeled)
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1-inch ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
Directions for Bread Batata Vada Recipe (Crispy Bread Bonda Stuffed With Spicy Aloo)
- To prepare Bread Batata Vada Recipe (Crispy Bread Bonda Stuffed With Spicy Aloo), boil potatoes first. Meanwhile get prepared with other ingredients. After the potatoes are cooled, peel and mash the potatoes, well with a potato masher.
- Grind the green chilies and ginger in a Mixer to a fine paste.
- Heat a Shallow frying pan with a teaspoon oil. Add the ginger-chilies paste and sauté well.
- Add turmeric, coriander leaves, salt and the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Put off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove the darkened edges of the bread and keep aside.
- Take each slice of bread and partially dip it in water (keep the water in a shallow and wide dish) Now, with both your palms, drain off the water, without breaking the bread slice.
- Make a medium lemon sized ball of the potato filling.
- Place it in the middle of the wet bread slice and fold in the edges of the bread slices.
- Gently roll into a round laddoo shape. Ensure the filling is well sealed by the bread on all sides.
- Repeat this procedure with the other bread slices and keep the bondas ready.
- Heat oil in a Deep frying pan. Deep fry these bondas, on medium flame, 3-4 at a time. Ensure these balls are fried evenly until they turn golden colored.
- Drain excess oil on a kitchen towel.
Share your vote!