How To Make Chilli Egg Idli
- Mini Idlis – 15 (You could use 8 normal idlis too)
- Hard Boiled Eggs – 2
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Ginger – 1″ piece (sliced/finely chopped)
- Garlic – 3 cloves (sliced/finely chopped)
- Green Chilies – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Curry leaves – 1 strand (optional)
- Bell Peppers (Red or Green Capsicum) – 1/2 (thinly sliced)
- Hot sauce – 1 tblsp
- Schezwan Sauce – 1 tblsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tblsp
- Green Onions/ Cilantro (finely chopped) – For garnish
- Oil – 1 tblsp
Method For Chilli Egg Idli
1. Cut the idlis into the size you want. I usually cut the mini idlis into 2 halves and the big idlis into 4 pieces.
2. Discard the yolk in the hard boiled eggs and cut the whites into thin slices lengthwise. Keep this aside.
3. Heat the oil in a Kadai or stir fry pan.
4. Add the ginger, garlic, curry leaves and green chilies and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
5. Add the onions and bell peppers and stir-fry for 5 minutes. The onions and peppers should be partially cooked but still retain its crunch.
6. Add the hot sauce, tomato ketchup, and schezwan sauce and mix everything together.
7. Add the idli pieces and toss nicely till the sauce evenly coats the idli pieces.
8. Finally, toss in the egg white slices and green onions. Serve hot as a quick evening snack, tiffin or as a starter.