How To Make Fettuccine (Tagliatelle) Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce
- 300 grams Tagliatelle or any other long strand pasta
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 medium size red ripe tomatoes (blanched and peeled) coarsely chopped
- 50 grams roughly torn fresh basil leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 50 gram grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Directions for Fettuccine (Tagliatelle) Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce
- Cook the fettuccine in a pot of hot boiling salted water until al-dente. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until golden, about a minute or so.
- Stir in the blanched chopped tomatoes, chopped basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a roaring boil on high heat, then turn the heat to low, and simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes or until you notice the tomatoes and the basil have combined to make a thick sauce. See Video recipe of how to make Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce Recipe
- Toss the cooked and hot fettuccine with the sauce in a bowl.
Serve the Fettuccine (Tagliatelle) Tomato Basil Pasta along with a glass of wine. When serving sprinkle some Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese and coarsely pounded black pepper.