How To Make Mumbai Style Spicy Murmura Recipe (Spicy Roasted Puffed Rice)
- 2 cups puffed rice
- Olive oil as required
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt as required
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 green chillies, finely chopped (adjustable)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped (optional)
- Juice from 1 lemon
Directions for Mumbai-Style Spicy Murmura Recipe (Spicy Roasted Puffed Rice)
- To begin making the Mumbai Style Spicy Murmura recipe, firstly heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and curry leaves and let it splutter. Once it is done, add the puffed rice, salt, turmeric powder, sugar, red chilli powder and the chaat masala.
- Mix everything properly and roast it for about 5 to 6 minutes, till the puffed rice gets a little crispy. Once done, let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, add tomato, onions, green chillies and cucumber. Add the puffed rice in a bowl and mix everything well.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and it is ready to be served.
Share your vote!