How To Make Mushroom and Babycorn Biryani Recipe Card
Ingredients for Mushroom and Babycorn Biryani Recipe
- Button mushrooms cut into quarters 8-10
- Babycorn sliced diagonally 8-10
- Basmati rice soaked 1 1/2 cups
- Black peppercorns 10-12
- Bay leaves 4
- Green cardamoms 7-9
- Caraway seeds (shahi jeera) 2 teaspoons
- Saffron (Kesar) 2 pinches
- Ghee 3 teaspoons
- Cloves 2-3
- Onion sliced 1 medium
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh cream 1/2 cup
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoons
- Red chili powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Garam masala powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Fresh mint leaves 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves 1 cup
- Screwpine essence (kewra) 1/4 teaspoon
- Fried onions 1 cup
See Also:- How To Make Panner Kofta Curry
Method For Mushroom and Baby Corn Biriyani Recipe
- Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add half the peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, half the green cardamoms, 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, a pinch saffron and 1 teaspoon ghee. Mix well.
- Add rice and mix gently. Cook till the rice is ¾ done. Remove from heat, strain and spread the rice on a tray. Set aside.
- Heat remaining ghee in a non-stick pan. Add remaining caraway seeds, remaining peppercorns, remaining cardamoms, cloves, remaining bay leaves and mix well. Add sliced onion and sauté till it turns golden.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté w2ell. Add 2-3 tablespoons water and mix well.
- Combine cream, butter and remaining saffron in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Add baby corn and mushrooms to the pan and mix well. Add salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add yogurt and mix well. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala powder, ½ cup mint leaves, ½ cup coriander leaves and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread the prepared rice on the vegetables. Top with cream-butter mixture and drizzle screwpine essence on top. Sprinkle remaining mint leaves, coriander leaves, garam masala powder and finish by topping with fried onions. Cover with an aluminum foil, place a lid on top, reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Share your vote!