How To Make Pyaaz Kachori Recipe
Ingredients For Make Pyaaz Kachori Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Water as required
- Oil for deep frying
- For the stuffing
- 3 onions
- 2 green chilies
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon oil
Directions for Pyaaz Kachori Recipe
- To begin making the Pyaaz Kachori Recipe, first add flour, salt and oil into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Then, add water gradually, as you knead the mix into a soft dough. You can also add ghee/clarified butter in place of water to knead the dough. Knead well until it comes into a smooth and soft dough.
- Cover it and let the dough rest for about 1 to 2 hours.
- While the dough rests, prepare the filling. Place a Kadai or wide pan on the heat and add some oil to it. Add cumin seeds to it and allow them to sizzle.
- Next, add finely chopped onions and green chilies and sauté until onions turn translucent. Then, add ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell of the paste is gone.
- Add all the spice powders in next and mix well. Add salt to taste and cook for about a minute on low heat until the flavors blend. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Take the rested dough and lightly knead it on a clean flat surface till it is smooth. Divide the dough and the filling into an equal number of portions.
- Place a Kadai with enough oil to deep fry the kachoris, on the heat and allow it to warm slowly.
- Roll one portion of the dough into smooth ball and then flatten it into a 3-inch circle. Place a portion of the filling in the center. Bring all the edges to gather and seal it tightly.
- Roll this stuffed ball into a 3-inch circle, with the filling intact. Keep aside and repeat this step for rest of the dough until all the portions of dough and filling are used.
- By now the oil should be warm for deep frying the kachoris. Deep fry small batches (not more than 2-3) of kachori on medium heat for about 3 minutes on either side, until golden, puffed up and crispy.
Share your vote!