How To make Spicy & Crispy Pan Fried Banana Recipe
- 2 medium sized plantain/raw banana
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
Ingredients for Coating
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Rava (sooji/ semolina)
- Salt to taste
Directions for The Spicy & Crispy Pan Fried Banana Recipe
- To begin making The Goan Kelyachyo Fodi Recipe, first wash and peel the plantain with a peeler.
- Smear oil in your fingers and palms, so the banana starch does not stick to your skin and also prevents it from getting dark.
- Cut the plantain into half and then slice it lengthwise of 1/4 inch thickness. Soak the slices of the plantain in water for 20 minutes.
- Combine the chili powder, turmeric powder and salt in a small bowl.
- After 20 minutes, drain the excess water and coat the raw bananas with this chili and turmeric mixture.
- Allow it to rest in the chili marinade for another 10 minutes.
- In another wide platter, combine the ingredients for the coating and keep it aside.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in the frying pan on medium heat.
- Dip the marinated raw banana in the spicy sooji mixture and toss it well so it coats the banana all around. Place the sooji coated bananas on in the frying pan and fry until cooked through and browned well on medium heat.
- This would take anywhere between 8 to 10 minutes. Covering the pan halfway through also helps cook the bananas from the inside. Flip and cook until both sides are cooked and crisp.
- Serve The Goan Kelyachyo Fodi (Spicy & Crispy Pan Fried Banana) as a tea time snack or as an appetizer for parties.
Share your vote!