Mango Rabri Recipe
Mango Rabri recipe, an easy to make, traditional Indian dessert prepared with reduced milk, mango puree and fragrant saffron that is bursting with fruity summer flavors
- Full cream milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 2 tbsps (adjust)
- Mango puree – 1 cup, fresh and thick
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron – 5-6 strands (soaked in 2 tbsps of warm milk)
- Pistachios – 6-7, finely chopped
- Almonds – 4-5, chopped or flakes
- Boil milk in a large heavy bottomed wide vessel. Once it comes to a boil, reduce to low heat and allow to simmer. Keep stirring at regular intervals, pushing the layer of malai (top of milk) that forms on the top towards the sides of the vessel. Continue to do this till the milk is reduced to less than half of the original quantity.
- Keep scraping the sides of the vessel and mix it with the thickening milk.
- After almost 60-70 mins or so, the milk would have reduced considerably to a thick mass. Add sugar and half of the chopped nuts and mix. Allow the sugar to dissolve and continue to simmer the mixture till it reaches a third of the original quantity.
- Add cardamom powder, and saffron and mix well. Turn off heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add the mango puree and mix well till well combined. Remove to a bowl and chill for a couple of hours. You can also serve at room temperature.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped pistachios, almond flakes and chopped mango pieces.
- Ladle the mango rabri into serving bowls and serve chilled.
Share your vote!