Mixed Vegetable Samosa Recipe
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
- 3-4 drops of lemon juice
- 4 potatoes, medium size, boiled
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled
- 1/4 cup carrot, boiled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 3-4 green chilly, finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
Directions for Mixed Vegetable Samosa Recipe
- To prepare Mixed Vegetable Samosa Recipe, take a big bowl and add maida/all-purpose flour, salt, oil and carom seeds, and lemon juice. Mix them all well and make the stiff and tight dough. The Addition of lemon juice makes the cover of samosa crunchier.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds, let them crackle and add cloves, cinnamon stick, chopped onions, green chilly, curry leaves, ginger and cook them until onions turns light pink. Add all the spices including salt and cook for seconds.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes, boiled green peas and boiled carrot in it and mix it very well. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on the mixture and your samosa stuffing is ready. Let the mixture come on room temperature.
- Now make medium size small balls from the dough, roll out the dough ball by keeping it little thick, then divide the round poori into two halves and lift one part in your hands, apply some water on the edges and fold it to cone shape.
- Now stuff the samosa mixture in the cone, and again fold at the back and apply some water on the edges. Take both the ends together and stick well, make them in a perfect samosa shape. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok.
- Like same way, prepare all the samosas. Now deep fry the samosas on medium heat until they get brown and crispy from all the sides.
- Drain out the fried samosas on tissue paper to remove excess oil and your super delicious Mixed Vegetable Samosas are ready to serve with hot cup of tea or coffee!!
- You can serve it with green chutney, or Tamarind-jaggery chutney or simply with Tomato ketchup too!!!!
Share your vote!