Spicy Crunchy Masala Idli Recipe
- 8 to 10 Idli’s, cut into strips
- 1 cup capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup or sweet and sour Asian chilli sauce (ready from the store)
- a small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- a small bunch of mint leaves
- oil for cooking
- salt to taste
Directions for Spicy Crunchy Masala Idli Recipe
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan and stir-fry them until they are lightly crisp. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- In 2 teaspoons of oil the same pan; add in the onions, capsicum, green chillies and saute them on medium heat until tender. This takes about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir well. Saute until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Finally stir in the tomato ketchup, the fried idli’s the chopped coriander and mint leaves. Stir fry on high heat until well combined just for about a minute.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the Spicy Crunchy Masala Idli Recipe to a serving bowl and serve hot.
Share your vote!