Spring Vegetables Tagliatelle Pasta (With Mustard Lemon Basil Sauce)
- 300 grams of Tagliatelle pasta
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice and zest (a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely pounded
- basil leaves roughly torn
- parmesan cheese to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh cream (optional)
Directions for Spring Vegetables Tagliatelle Pasta (With Mustard Lemon Basil Sauce)
- To begin making the Spring Vegetables Tagliatelle Pasta, heat water along with salt and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Steam the carrots and zucchini in a steamer until it’s just about steamed.
- In a small bowl, add the zest, olive oil, lemon juice, carrots, zucchini and dijon mustard along with black pepper with heat on medium. Keep stirring until all the ingredients in the sauce get combined gets a smooth finish. This will also marinateIt will look saucy.
- At this point stir in the vegetables and cooked pasta on high heat until the sauce gets well incorporated into the pasta. (You could add the fresh cream at this point and stir well on high heat for a few minutes). You pasta is now ready.
- Serve the Spring Vegetables Tagliatelle Pasta warm, sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and a toasted garlic bread and wine.
Share your vote!