Baked Pasta with Cottage Cheese and Spinach Recipe
- 300 grams Rigatoni Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato puree.
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of fresh cottage cheese (paneer), crumbled
- 2 bunch of spinach finely chopped
Directions for Baked Pasta with Cottage Cheese and Spinach Recipe
- To make Baked Pasta with Cottage Cheese and Spinach first preheat oven to 200 C.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the salt and Rigatoni Pasta. Bring the pasta to a boil and cook until the Rigatoni is cooked and al dente. Drain the pasta into a colander and rinse under cold water. Return the Rigatoni to the pot, drizzle some olive oil and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until tender and golden. Add the tomato puree, basil, spinach, salt and saute for about 5 minutes until the spinach becomes tender and not completely soft. Remove the mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Add the cottage cheese to the above tomato sauce. Stir in gently.
- Take a baking dish, place a layer of cottage cheese & tomato sauce mixture at the bottom, then a layer of half of the Rigatoni, then a 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, remaining sauce again, then the remaining Rigatoni and finally the remaining cheese.
- Place it in the oven covered with aluminum foil in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the center of the pie is set. Remove the foil and allow it to bake open for 5 minutes or until you notice the top is browned and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Run a spatula around the edges and underneath the pasta to loosen.
- Serve the Baked Rigatoni Pasta with Cottage Cheese and Spinach warm along with toasted garlic bread.
Share your vote!