How to Vegetable Oatmeal Poha with Peanuts,
Coriander & Ginger Recipe
- 2 cups flattened rice
- 40 grams peppy tomato oats
- One medium size onion, finely chopped
- Two green chilies, finely chopped
- An inch piece of ginger grated
- One medium size carrot, finely chopped
- One tomato, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green peas
- Three tablespoons roasted peanuts
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- Two teaspoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- Small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- One teaspoon mustard seeds
- One teaspoon oil
Directions for Vegetable Oatmeal Poha with Peanuts, Coriander & Ginger Recipe
- To begin the preparation of Vegetable Oatmeal Poha with Peanuts, Coriander & Ginger, steam the carrots and peas and keep aside. Place the pour in a colander and rinse it well under running water.
- Stir the pour gently by using your fingers while rinsing; otherwise, they will become mushy at the time of cooking. Once washed set aside the pour.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or a wok. Add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add onions and ginger saute over medium heat till light brown in color.
- Once the onions are tender, add the tomatoes, oats, turmeric powder, steamed vegetables, peanuts, raisins, salt, and sugar.
- Stir to combine and finally add rinsed poha and sprinkle little more water. Give the poha a gentle stir until all the ingredients come together.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan. Allow the vegetable poha to cook in the steam along with the vegetables. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, you will notice the poha has puffed up slightly. At this stage turn off the heat and stir in the juice from one lemon and the coriander leaves. Check the salt and seasonings and adjust to suit your taste.
The Vegetable Oatmeal Poha with Peanuts, Coriander & Ginger is now ready to be served as a healthy breakfast or tea time snack.
Share your vote!